Heater Installation in Portland, OR
Dependable 24-Hour Emergency Heat Pump & Furnace Replacement
If your current heater is over 10 years old and frequently breaking down, it’s time to consider a heating system replacement. Although this may be the last thing you want to hear for fear of expensive upfront costs, there are several benefits of a new heating system.
These benefits of new heater installation include:
- Energy efficiency - Modern heaters are more energy-efficient than older models. This energy efficiency will not only lessen your carbon footprint, but a more efficient heater can cut down your utility bills by up to 30%
- Spend less money on repairs - While opting to repair your broken heater might seem cheaper it isn't if you need repair every season. A new heater will not break down as easily, saving you headaches, time and money.
- Rebates - An energy-efficient heater may be eligible for incentives and rebates so make sure to always read the fine print carefully to see what you qualify for.
- Warranty coverage - If you're under warranty, make sure to read it carefully to see if you can get any money off your new Portland heater installation. If you don't have a warranty a new unit is a good way of getting one.
It is also wiser to replace a heater if repairing an old system costs almost half as much as a new unit. Once you’ve decided to install a new heating system, turn to Pyramid Heating & Cooling. As a Carrier Factory Authorized Dealer, we can walk you through your options and provide proper installation.
Factors to Consider When Buying a New Heater
Whether you are interested in installing a new furnace or a ductless mini-split, our Portland heating technicians can help. We bring with us over 15 years of experience in installing brand new heating systems.
Our technicians are familiar with common nuances on different heater brands and can steer you clear from a regretful decision. At Pyramid Heating & Cooling, it’s not about the most popular or expensive heater, but about what you truly need and want.
Here are some factors we always consider when finding the right heating system for our customers:
- The size of your home and the number of rooms
- The number of occupants in your home
- AFUE rating
- Your air quality concerns
- The fuel you are using (electric, gas, or oil)
- Your budget
- Advanced features you prefer such as zoning, remote control, etc.
- Available warranties
After selecting the best Carrier heating system for your home, we can then proceed with the installation, assuring you of a job done right the first time.
4 Signs You Might Need Heater Replacement
- Repair after repair - After enough repairs, replacing your system might be cheaper than one more repair. Also, if a repair costs more than what it costs to replace your unit, consult our Portland heater installation experts about replacing your unit.
- Poor indoor air quality - Old heaters, especially those powered by gas, tend to pump out incredibly dry heat towards the end of their lives. Look out for dry skin or dying plants as an indicator of poor indoor air quality.
- Old age - The average heater lasts roughly 15 years. If your unit is older than that then you should think twice about repairs and consult our heater installation experts about getting a new unit.
- Utility bills on the rise - As heaters age, they become less efficient. You might not notice this from your indoor environment as the heat will still be there. But when you go to pay your monthly utility bills you'll see that your unit needs more input to achieve the same level of output.
Do You Need a Professional to Install Your Heater?
Whether or not you need a professional to install your heater depends on several factors, including your level of expertise, the type of heater you're installing, and local regulations.
Here are some considerations:
- Type of Heater: The type of heater you're installing plays a significant role. Some heaters, like electric space heaters or portable units, can be relatively straightforward for a knowledgeable homeowner to install. However, more complex systems, such as gas furnaces or central heating systems, typically require professional installation due to safety and complexity concerns.
- Safety: Safety is a primary concern when it comes to heater installation, especially if you're dealing with gas or oil-powered systems. An improper installation can lead to safety hazards like gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. HVAC professionals are trained to install heaters safely, ensuring proper ventilation, combustion, and gas connections.
- Local Regulations: Many areas have building codes and regulations that require certain types of heating systems to be installed by licensed professionals. Ignoring these regulations can result in legal issues and voided warranties.
- Warranty Considerations: Manufacturers often require professional installation to maintain the warranty on the heater. If you install the heater yourself and a problem arises, you might lose the warranty coverage.
- Complexity: The complexity of the installation can vary. A simple baseboard heater or wall-mounted electric heater may be more DIY-friendly, but central heating systems, heat pumps, and furnaces typically require professional expertise.
- Efficiency and Performance: Professional installation ensures that the heater operates efficiently and effectively, which can save you money on energy bills in the long run.
- Risk Mitigation: Professionals are equipped to identify and address any potential issues during installation, reducing the risk of problems arising in the future.
While some heater installations can be handled by experienced DIYers, it's often recommended to hire a professional HVAC technician, especially for more complex or gas-powered systems.
Safety, local regulations, warranty considerations, and the need for a well-functioning, efficient system are compelling reasons to choose professional installation.
If you're unsure, it's a good idea to consult with an HVAC expert to determine the best course of action for your specific situation.
Ask about Our Financing Options in Bend & Portland
When the upfront cost of a new heating system is something you can’t afford right now, let Pyramid Heating & Cooling know. We offer flexible financing options with approved credit, so you can receive your new heater today while you pay later.
Healthy Home AdvocatesWe're not just here to change your equipment. We want the overall health of your home to THRIVE.
Available 24/7We have technicians available around-the-clock to service you when you need us most.
Our WorkmanshipWe consistently deliver the highest level of quality installations, repairs, and service.
Our TechniciansWe are invested in our staff and technicians to ensure they receive the highest level of training.
Our many financing options with approved credit will give you the peace of mind you deserve.