AC Repair in Portland, OR
Fast & Effective 24-Hour Emergency Air Conditioning Service
Air conditioning is a vital part of summer here in the Pacific Northwest. Summer brings intense heat and sweltering humidity, both of which mean you need an air conditioner you can depend on to keep your home comfortable. However, with the hours of extended use comes the possibility that your air conditioner may simply give out on you, and that’s where Pyramid Heating & Cooling can help. For years, our Portland and Bend AC repair team has been the one you can depend on for dependable air conditioning repairs, and we offer a full range of services to take care of anything from serious problems to routine fixes. And we do all of it while offering customer service that isn’t matched anywhere else.
At Pyramid Heating & Cooling, we make your satisfaction our top priority. When we first opened in 2004, we set out with our goal of providing the best new construction installation services in the area. Our customers came to trust us so much that we eventually expanded into offering services for existing residential services and light commercial applications. Since that time, people all around the Portland area have come to depend on Pyramid Heating & Cooling because they know they can count on us for a job done right. Blending old-school customer service with modern techniques and training, we go above and beyond even your loftiest expectations and deliver repairs which keep your air conditioner running smoothly all summer long.
If you’re tired of dealing with the stress of an air conditioning problem, get the experts at Pyramid Heating & Cooling to take care of it for you. Pick up the phone and call (503) 783-8488 to request an estimate today for AC repair in Portland, Bend or the surrounding areas.
Helping Your A/C Keep You Cool
Throughout the summer months, your air conditioner may be the single most frequently-used appliance in your home. Running for hours per day every day of the week for months at a time can put a considerable amount of strain on your system’s various components, and it’s not uncommon for something to give out and cause your system to stop working as it should. At Pyramid Heating & Cooling, our job is to find what has gone wrong with your air conditioner and then fix the issue to get your air conditioner working again.
We fix all types of air conditioning issues, including:
- Compressor issues
- Refrigerant leaks
- Inconsistent/fluctuating temperatures
- Strange sounds or smells
- Thermostat problems
5 Signs You Need AC Repair
1. Too much noise - All air conditioners make a little bit of noise. But if the noise is really loud, then something might have come loose. It's better to call in your Portland AC repair specialists before your problem gets worse.
2. Blowing warm air - If you're not getting cool air from your AC, then what is it for? This issue could be either because of a problem with your thermostat or a problem with your cooling.
3. Leaking unit - This could be a water line that's leaking, or it's possible that your AC is freezing over and the ice is melting. First, check that the air filter isn't too dirty. Otherwise, call in your Portland AC repair technicians because it's possible your evaporator coil needs a good cleaning.
4. Your utility bills are too high - If your AC is running all the time to keep your indoor environment cool, then you'll have to pay for all that extra work. Air conditioners usually cool for a period of time and then rest for a period of time. But if your unit isn't working at 100% then it will have to work double-time.
5. Smells that are off - If your smelling mildew or dust, you probably just need to clean your ducts. But if you ever get a burning smell coming from an AC unit, then there's an issue that needs a professional's attention.
Why Is My AC Running but Not Cooling?
A blocked air filter is the most likely cause of an AC running but not cooling. A clogged air filter restricts airflow, which causes the evaporator coil to freeze, reducing its ability to absorb heat from the air. It can also lead to restricted refrigerant flow and high head pressures, resulting in reduced cooling capacity. Regularly clean or replace your air filter to ensure your unit is functioning optimally.
How Long Does an AC Unit Last?
The time your ac unit will last will be different for everyone, but in general you can expect your ac unit to last at least 10 years. When your unit hits this age, you should begin to consider replacing your unit for a more efficient one. To help maximize the life span of your ac, be sure to get regular maintenance and speak with a local HVAC company to see how they can assist.
AC Repair Vs. Replacement
When an air conditioning unit breaks down, you're left with a couple of options. You could either go for AC repair or replacing the unit outright. Which you should opt for depends on a few factors, but while AC repair may seem like the cheaper option, replacement is better if any of the following apply.
- Your AC is older than 10 years - How long an AC unit lasts depends on use, environment and maintenance levels. But if your unit is older than 10 years and it breaks down you should think twice before sinking more money into repairing a dying unit.
- It requires R22 Freon - Because of the 2020 Freon Ban units that require this banned substance will become increasingly expensive to run as the coolant becomes more and more scarce, so it's time to consider replacement.
- It needs repair after repair - While our Portland AC repair team will always be happy to come in and fix your unit, if they're over so often that you're getting to know them by name then replacement is going to be less expensive than the umpteenth repair call.
Get the Bend or Portland AC repair you need by contacting Pyramid Heating & Cooling today.
Healthy Home AdvocatesWe're not just here to change your equipment. We want the overall health of your home to THRIVE.
Available 24/7We have technicians available around-the-clock to service you when you need us most.
Our WorkmanshipWe consistently deliver the highest level of quality installations, repairs, and service.
Our TechniciansWe are invested in our staff and technicians to ensure they receive the highest level of training.
Our many financing options with approved credit will give you the peace of mind you deserve.